Ambulance Non-Emergency Patient Transport Driver / Care Assistant who has excellent customer service and communication skills with as minimum a provisional C1 Driving Licence that will allow you, once passed, to drive up to 7.5t vehicles is required for the Ambulance Service based in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
SALARY: £17,652 per annum + Unsocial Hours Payments (depending on shifts worked) + Benefits
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Basingstoke, Hampshire (There are also sites in Portsmouth and Eastleigh)
WORKING HOURS: Shift Work between Monday to Saturday (plus occasional Sundays) – 06:00hrs – 00:00hrs
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have a provisional C1 held at point of application, support may be available for completion of this licence to full C1 eligibility.
Additional Training Provided: This will involve completing the appropriate induction and core skill training as required to facilitate the correct level of care to patients whilst in your care. Such training includes: First Person on Scene (Basic Training), Core Driving, Conflict Management, Manual Handling, Child Protection, Health and Safety etc.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Ambulance Non-Emergency Patient Transport Driver / Care Assistant who has excellent customer service and communication skills with as minimum a provisional C1 Driving Licence that will allow you, once passed, to drive up to 7.5t vehicles.
Working as the Ambulance Non-Emergency Patient Transport Driver / Care Assistant you will be required to transport low dependency patients to and from treatment centres in a comfortable, caring, compassionate, empathic and reassuring, timely manner.
As the Ambulance Non-Emergency Patient Transport Driver / Care Assistant, you will provide a quality service to the patient, their relatives and carers, ensuring their safety whilst in your care.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Ambulance Non-Emergency Patient Transport Driver / Care Assistant:
- Undertake driving duties relevant to the type of ambulance vehicle
- Plan journeys, taking into account patient appointment times
- Carry out daily vehicle checks to ensure the ambulance is roadworthy
- Administer ‘ambulance nursing’ to an appropriate skill level in accordance to training received
- Manoeuvre patients into ambulance vehicles using either the patient’s wheelchair or the vehicle wheelchair, ensuing the patient and wheelchair are secure
- Transport low dependency patients with the minimum of assistance to treatment centres
- Provide good internal and external communication links with patients, colleagues, associated services and health service colleagues
- Complete required paperwork as required, which includes incident reporting
- Full driving licence with no more than 3 points for speeding
- Full C1 driving licence with a minimum of provisional C1 held at point of application
- Customer service experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Awareness of equality and diversity in the working environment and surrounding community
- Community First Responder experience
- Ability to use communication and computerised systems e.g. Terrafix, radio and mobile phones
- Geographical knowledge of operational areas
- Previous shift work experience
- Previous patient care experience
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5074
Full-Time, Permanent Driving Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk