Cafe / Coffee Shop Manager with previous managerial experience in a catering or hospitality setting, excellent communication and customer service skills and a flexible approach to work is required for a well-established organisation based in Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire.
SALARY: £24,000 per annum
BENEFITS: Free on-site parking, group personal pension, corporate induction training, DBS paid, generous holiday entitlement, employee assistance programme
LOCATION: Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Full-Time shifts covering 7 days per week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Cafe / Coffee Shop Manager with previous managerial experience in a catering or hospitality setting, excellent communication and customer service skills and a flexible approach to work.
Working as a Cafe / Coffee Shop Manager you will ensure the cafe fosters a community atmosphere that meets the needs of the current and potential customers and will be expected to manage and develop a team of volunteers to support you in the smooth running of the shop. Ordering food and beverages, accepting and authorising deliveries, in addition to ensuring appropriate monitoring/maintaining stock levels and regular rotation will be a part of your role.
As a Cafe / Coffee Shop Manager your experience will demonstrate that you are a natural leader with the ability to motivate both volunteers and the people the organisation supports to feel part of their local coffee shop.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as a Cafe / Coffee Shop Manager will include:
- Always maintain appropriate volunteer staffing to enable the cafe and reception to run effectively
- Ensure the cafe fosters a community atmosphere that meets the needs of current and potential customers
- Ensure appropriate standards of customer service
- Ensure high standards of hygiene, health and safety are maintained
- Manage and develop a team of enthusiastic volunteers to support the day to day running of the café
- Order food and beverages, accept and authorise deliveries, ensure appropriate storage, monitor and maintain stock levels ensuring regular stock rotation
- Market the coffee shop with initiatives and ideas to generate interest and additional income
- Ensure vending machine is well stocked and replenished regularly
- Provide care and support in conjunction with support staff or volunteers for people we support while they are in the cafe environment
- Manage finances of the cafe and profitability of the trading operations. It is crucial that the coffee shop is financially viable to at least a cost neutral position
- Ensure all catering equipment is properly maintained where necessary working in partnership with our estates team and other contractors as necessary
- Other commercial or trading duties as required
- Organising/Preparing any refreshments required for meetings and events
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent (A – C) to include English Language and Mathematics
- Hospitality/catering experience, including management experience
- Excellent communication, customer service skills and ability to work alongside people who may have learning disabilities in an empathetic and sensitive manner
- Financial skills including budgeting, cash handling, ordering and invoicing
- Good organisational skills with a proven ability to prioritise
- Great relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Structured approach and ability to plan and manage work
- Willing to support team absence
- Have a flexible approach to work and duties to meet the needs of the coffee shop
- Work as a team player and liaise effectively with other colleagues
- Food Hygiene & Food Preparation level 2 or equivalent
- Experience of working with people with epilepsy and/or learning disability
- Experience of managing volunteers in undertaking work with disabled people
- Knowledge of Epilepsy and Seizure Management Issues
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7098
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk