CAD Design Engineer / SolidWorks Designer who has strong core design skills with good product materials selection is required for a well-established company based in Bacup, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £35,000 per annum (pro rata for part-time positions) + Benefits
LOCATION: Bacup, Lancashire, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time or Part Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm (part time minimum 3 days per week would be considered and salary will be pro rata)
** Role is available as a Full-Time or Part-Time position **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a CAD Design Engineer / SolidWorks Designer who has strong core design skills with good product materials selection.
Working as the CAD Design Engineer / SolidWorks Designer you will join the CAD department of this production facility generating 3D models and assemblies.
As the CAD Design Engineer / SolidWorks Designer you will possess strong core design skills with competence in product materials selection; couplings; structural design of components; mechanical joint system design.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the CAD Design Engineer / SolidWorks Designer will include:
- Generation of 3D models and assemblies
- Updating and issuing new drawing modifications
- To produce full and accurate build packs to assist production with machine builds
- To produce and maintain manuals for all the machine range
- Checking of drawings to ensure the highest quality standards
- Liaise with suppliers on technical issues
- Specification of proprietary components for designs through literature research
- To assist purchasing + production with cost reduction exercises
- Provide technical support and liaise closely and effectively with the purchasing, production, manufacturing and build departments
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in a mechanic discipline
- Sheetmetal Experience, Naming & Filing Regimes, Display States, Exploded Views Custom Properties
- Manufacturing practices and processes knowledge
- Good knowledge of tolerances and materials
- Possess strong core design skills with competence in product materials selection, couplings, structural design of components, mechanical joint system design
- Enthusiasm for the job with a strong desire to learn and improve
- Creative and analytical skills to propose and assess best mechanical solutions
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6515
Full-Time or Part Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bacup, Lancashire, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk