Commodity Buyer with excellent team management, leadership and purchasing skills and Good Quality, Engineering, Process and Materials knowledge required for a Company based in Leyland, Lancashire.
SALARY: circa £40,000 + Benefits (25 Days Holiday, plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays, Final Salary Pension Scheme, Private Outpatients Scheme)
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
We have a fantastic new job vacancy available for an experienced Commodity Buyer that has excellent team management, leadership and purchasing and supplier negotiation skills, in addition to great commercial acumen.
Working as the Commodity Buyer you will manage multifunctional purchasing teams concentrating on cost, negotiation, sourcing and product change within a complex supplier package.
As the Commodity Buyer, you will develop commercially viable relationships with selected Vendors, as well as identify and Project Manage individual cost reduction projects.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated, professional Commodity Buyer that has a great purchasing background with the ability to develop effective short, medium and long term commodity strategies.
If this sounds like your ideal job and you have worked in a similar environment, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Management of multifunctional teams both internally and externally concentrating on cost, negotiation, sourcing and product change within a complex supplier package
- Achievement and reporting of Company targets on cost control, quality improvement and lead time improvement
- Development of partnership relationships with vendors within the package
- Work with suppliers to implement the Company’s Cost Management Programme and ensure Six Sigma projects are defined and implemented
- Understand commodities managed at multiple levels and develop short, medium and long term commodity strategies
- Manage a complex and varied workload, ensuring attention is maintained on key actions
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Very strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Must be a good communicator with a flexible, self - managing approach to workload and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Confident presenter at Senior Management level
- Good Quality, Engineering, Process and Materials knowledge.
- CIPS Membership (Desirable)
- Self-motivated, flexible and team player with ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable administrative and IT skills
- Six Sigma Greenbelt Desirable)
- Passport - Willing to travel on a regular basis and prepared to spend time away from home & abroad
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4079
Full-Time, Permanent Supply Chain Management / Buyer / Purchasing / Team Management Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Leyland, Lancashire, North West England. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk