Business Operations Manager who has excellent management, team leadership, organisational, planning and customer service skills is required to join our team at Eternal Gardens, a well-established dedicated Islamic Burial Park based near Sidcup, South East London.
SALARY: up to £39,000 per annum (depending on experience) includes London Weighting
COMPANY BENEFITS: Enhanced Company Pension, Life Insurance, Health Care Plan, Flu Jab Vouchers, Employee Reward Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme
LOCATION: Sidcup, South London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday with some Weekends Required
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Business Operations Manager who has excellent management, team leadership, organisational, planning and customer service skills.
Eternal Gardens is a well-established dedicated Islamic burial park, serving the Muslim community since 2013 and our vision is to create a hub for the community to support families dealing with death and end of life planning.
Eternal Gardens is part of the GreenAcres Group, a leading cemetery and ceremonial service provider in the UK. We have 6 sites across the UK, including Eternal Gardens based near Sidcup in south London, BR7 6RR.
Your duties as the Business Operations Manager will include:
- Lead the team to consistently promote the highest standard of professional customer service
- Manage, motivate and develop the team through coaching and training, recommending where external training is required
- Ensure the grounds standards exceed customer expectations
- Develop, set and deliver robust park action plans that maintain and improve park standards and meet Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure all company procedures are followed and team welfare is maintained at all times.
- Develop good rapport with the Muslim community especially with community leaders, Imams and those who support the development of the organisation
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn the Islamic regulations around the services provided and work within the mainstream Muslim community framework
- In order to ensure the wellbeing and dignity of those using our services, to ensure compliance with the doctrines of the Muslim faith and to avoid conflict with strongly held religious convictions of the followers of that faith, we envisage that the successful postholder will be a male with a strong Muslim faith
- Have a Full driving licence
If you’re looking for a role that will offer you the chance to lead a passionate team in serving the Ummah within a much-needed service than this is the job for you.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Business Operations Manager
- An experienced people manager. You have a track record of developing individuals and building quality through an operation. You have a passion to see others grow and succeed, you delight in supporting them to be successful in their roles, therefore building capability in the team.
- Passionate about your customers. You know that building a deep understanding of customers’ needs and wants (both internal and external) is what separates successful businesses from the rest. You strive to exceed expectations at all times and lead your teams to do the same.
- An enquiring mind. You are curious by nature and are always looking for ways to make positive improvements. You understand the benefit of seeking marginal gains and are never satisfied with the status quo, to ensure quality and dignity for our local community.
- Planning comes naturally. You have excellent organisational skills and have a track record of organising resources and teams to deliver tasks and objectives effectively and on time whilst keeping calm under pressure.
- A strong communicator. You have the self-awareness to adapt your approach to suit all stakeholders both within and external to the business.
- You don’t get stuck in the “sand”. You have the ability to set and drive performance standards by keeping teams focussed on key objectives and taking action on performance issues proactively.
- You like to roll your sleeves up. Our business needs managers who lead by example and have a hands on, pragmatic approach. You show respect and concern for others and your approach gains you respect from your teams and creates a positive team environment which is tangible.
Shortlisting for the Business Operations Manager is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
We only accept applications with a covering letter
We are an equal opportunities employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Covering Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7690
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of GreenAcres Group