Business Development Executive / Fundraising Officer who has experience within a charity fundraising role, managing relationships and raising money is required for an award winning and UK leading developer of financial and enterprise education programmes for young people.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with relevant experience to take on more responsibility and take the next career step.
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + Great Benefits (See Below)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: The Company require all CVs to be accompanied with a Cover Letter. We recommend including the Cover Letter and CV in one document.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Business Development Executive / Fundraising Officer who has experience within a charity fundraising role, managing relationships and raising money.
Working as the Business Development Executive / Fundraising Officer you will support the Senior Fundraising Manager and Business & Engagement Director helping achieve an overall income target of £2m per annum.
As the Business Development Executive / Fundraising Officer, your first-hand experience of charity fundraising will enable you to take direct responsibility for a number of accounts with your own fundraising goals.
As a successful candidate you will work within an organisation which consistently exceeds its targets and delivers significantly positive outcomes for young people.
This is an opportunity to influence and assist the organisation’s fundraising strategy and generate revenue to promote the organisation, taking them fully national.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Business Development Executive / Fundraising Officer:
- Build and manage your own funder portfolio by introducing new opportunities and supporting existing partnerships
- Generate further revenue by maintaining and building these relationships and positioning the organisation for continuation funding
- Leverage your knowledge to research, prospect and build new relationships across a range of income streams; predominately with corporate donors, and trusts and foundations, but possibly including statutory bodies
- Manage multiple deadlines for both new funding proposals as well as manage reporting requirements within existing funding agreements
- As part of your job, you will need to accurately log opportunities and activities using our Salesforce CRM database. You will maintain and report the data necessary to efficiently support the relationships with those that fund the organisation
- You will familiarise yourself with the organisation’s mission and values and current specific programmes and activities in order to creatively pitch projects which support growth, sustainability, and help achieve the wider organisational objectives
- You may take leadership of an area of income generation, depending on experience, aptitude, and ambition, for example community fundraising, major donors, legacies or regional expansion
- There will be an opportunity to get involved with major projects and commercial income generation as part of the overall team
You must have:
- Previous relevant experience in the charity sector, working with trust and foundations, managing relationships and raising money
- Excellent verbal communication skills to be able to engage in professional discussions internally, and to represent the organisation externally, to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail, to understand requirements and to convey messages in a clear and understandable way to internal colleagues, (incl. managers), external organisations, and the public
- Excellent organisational skills as you manage competing deadlines, and oversee projects for funders, including managing budgets and tracking progress against outputs
- The ability to research, interpret and prioritise data from various sources, analyse findings and present them clearly and accurately in a way that meets desired outcomes
- The ability to project passion regarding the organisation’s aims and objectives
- A commitment to working within a small and growing team that goes the extra mile
- Be comfortable with multi-tasking, working pro-actively and independently towards both personal deadlines and the goals of the wider team
- An understanding of database and spreadsheet-based programmes such as Excel
- Have a fluent command of English and the right to live and work in the UK
- A knowledge of Salesforce, or other CRM databases
- An interest in working to support young people to make positive transitions to adulthood
The Charity offers the following benefits:
- 25 days per year annual leave, pro rata full time equivalent (plus bank holidays)
- Income protection insurance
- Death in service insurance
- Annual training allowance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay
The company is dedicated to building an inclusive culture and working environment that promotes a sense of safety and belonging for their staff to feel supported to achieve their potential.
The company has established an Anti-Racism Committee, which works with the wider team to ensure that they are listening, learning and constantly evolving to root out and tackle racism in all its forms.
The company will not discriminate either directly or indirectly on the grounds of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, ethnicity, neurodiversity, cultural or religious beliefs. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be made to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged because of their disability.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6397
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk