Business Analyst who has experience of working on enterprise wide transformation programmes with cross-functional teams, competing priorities and business drivers, and a good understanding of Digital Transformation with a strong technical awareness is required for a number of key projects and programmes within Liverpool City Council.
Successful candidates will join Liverpool County Council on a fixed term contract to deliver a 2 year project of transformational change.
SALARY: £33,782 - £38,890 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Flexible – Remote / Home Based or Office Based in Liverpool, Merseyside
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Fixed Term Contract up to October 2023
WORKING HOURS: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Business Analyst who has experience of working on enterprise wide transformation programmes with cross-functional teams, competing priorities and business drivers, and a good understanding of Digital Transformation with a strong technical awareness.
As the Business Analyst you will take full responsibility for the business analysis phase of the project lifecycle and act as a key contact for customer and senior managers throughout this phase. The programme is made up of a number of complex system wide projects with the NHS, partner agencies, external providers as well as key internal stakeholders, that need to be delivered at pace. You do not necessarily need experience working on NHS or Adult Social Care projects. However, you will need to have a solid BA background with experience dealing with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
The Business Analyst will engage with internal and external stakeholders across Liverpool City Council and external partners to map existing end to end processes and pathways, and where necessary re-engineer processes in order to deliver added value, reduce costs or maximise project benefits.
If you are ambitious, hardworking, driven and keen to develop, you may be who we are looking for.
You can expect a rewarding career in a fast paced and supportive environment. We offer generous annual leave, an excellent pension scheme, flexible working hours and agile working.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Business Analyst will include:
- Identify opportunities to capitalise on existing or emerging technologies to meet customer needs
- Lead and deliver all aspects of strategic improvement and change activity in a defined functional discipline or cross-business process
- Identify the best-fit business analysis approach such as Lean, six sigma etc. to ensure business analysis outputs meet the needs of programmes and projects
- Assess customer activities to identify opportunities to streamline processes to deliver added value, reduce costs or maximise project benefits
- Complete comprehensive, cross-functional ‘as-is’ business process documentation to identify current processes and responsibilities
- Present Business Analysis findings to the customer, key stakeholders and senior management
- Liaise with Technical Design professionals to ensure proposed solutions meet with customer requirements and expectations
- Experience of working on enterprise wide transformation programmes
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams with competing priorities and business drivers
- Appropriate experience of carrying out business analysis activities
- Evidence of facilitating, hosting and presenting meetings and workshops with key stakeholders including senior management
- A good understanding of Digital Transformation with a strong technical awareness
- Process management, design and implementation
- To demonstrate attention to detail when completing documentation and presenting findings
- Understanding of change in an organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies (PRINCE 2, AGILE)
- Authoritative knowledge of techniques associated with Business Process Improvement
- Evidence of the preparation and successful submission of business analysis documentation
- Appropriate evidence of utilising a range of methods to capture and analyse customer requirements
- Experience of working within an Adult Social Care and Health landscape
- Ability to undertake appropriate background research
- Ability to identify issues and challenges by using probing questioning techniques
- Business Improvement, Quality systems/tools and techniques design and implementation
- Confidence and ability to communicate and present complex detail in a format that is understood by all
- To present a professional and competent image of the business to internal / external customers, suppliers and other key stakeholders
- To hold an up-to-date knowledge of all ICT products and services
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Liverpool City Council is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe that the decision to appoint should be based upon whether an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, and abilities make them the most suitable candidate for the role.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C7500
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Liverpool City Council