Building Maintenance, Facilities and Repairs Manager with relevant senior management experience and a track record of effective management of building services, including managing contracts is required to join the team at Liverpool City Council.
SALARY: £49,651 - £55,026 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Liverpool, Merseyside, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Building Maintenance, Facilities and Repairs Manager with relevant senior management experience and a track record of effective management of building services, including managing contracts.
As the Building Maintenance, Facilities and Repairs Manager you will be educated in a building services discipline and will have the ability to manage and develop an effective team, delivering projects/schemes to tight timescales and deadlines.
The Building Maintenance, Facilities and Repairs Manager will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive, high quality, repair and maintenance service to all council buildings and the development of systems to continually monitor quality and procedures to ensure that the highest standards are maintained, and all statutory requirements are met.
Main Areas of Responsibility for the Building Maintenance, Facilities and Repairs Manager will include:
- Control and management of all resources utilised in the delivery of Building Services including the client function of the Hard FM contract
- Provide technical advice and guidance relating to all repair and maintenance activities undertaken by the council
- Project manage major schemes / works
- Develop procedures to ensure that all building work undertaken is in compliance with statutory requirements and approved codes of practise e.g. Health and Safety CDM Asbestos etc.
- Develop and maintain monitoring systems to continually monitor quality and productivity
- Review working practices and implement improvements to increase efficiency and cost effectiveness across all areas of Building Services
- Monitoring and management of budgets
- Maintain high levels of customer contact and customer care
- Provide an out of hours and emergency service to meet customer requirements and co-ordinate and support staff when on call
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of new developments in building maintenance technology and promote best practice in all areas of building services
- Make presentations to and chair disciplinary/grievance hearings and/or appeals in line with agreed council procedures
- Assist in the identification development and expansion of new technology
- Encourage, train and develop all staff and facilitate continuing professional development
- Appraise staff performance and set appropriate performance targets
- Monitor and manage sickness absenteeism levels
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a building service related qualification
- Substantial experience managing a large building services organisation including managing contracts
- Experience of managing large numbers of staff
- Experience of technical aspects of building repair and maintenance
- Experience in dealing with employee representatives
- Experience of Health & Safety requirements and safe working practises relating to repair and maintenance
- Experience managing budgets and resources ensuring that best value principles are met
- Ability to manage and develop an effective team
- Ability to develop positive working relationship with staff colleagues and partners
- Ability to deliver projects/schemes to tight timescales and deadlines
- Ability to respond to emergency situations
- Ability to develop high quality services
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Liverpool City Council is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and believe that the decision to appoint should be based upon whether an individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, and abilities make them the most suitable candidate for the role.
We reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications. If interested, please complete an application as early as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8571
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Liverpool City Council