Learning and Behaviour Support Officer who is a highly motivated and committed individual with the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a wider team is required for a well-established Academy Trust based in Hedge End, Southampton.
SALARY: £19,265 per annum FTE, Actual Annual Salary £15,987
LOCATION: Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday- 8.30am to 4.00pm, (term time only)
APPLICATION PROCESS: We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Learning and Behaviour Support Officer who is a highly motivated and committed individual with the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a wider team.
Working as a Learning and Behaviour Support Officer you will be working with youngsters and parents in supporting their progress and integration in school.
As a Learning and Behaviour Support Officer you will be supporting staff and students in sustaining positive behaviour management across the school. You will have outstanding interpersonal skills and be confident in dealing with students, staff and parents on a day-to-day basis.
As a Learning and Behaviour Support Officer you will have an interest in supporting young people and will need to have a professional but friendly manner, respecting confidentially at all times.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Learning and Behaviour Support Officer will include:
- Be a key home/school communication link, dealing with queries from parents, and offering support and guidance as required
- Provide pastoral support for all students and assist with their behaviour management, referring matters to relevant members of staff as necessary
- Be available for ‘Call Out’ when concerns are raised during the school day
- Work with specific students identified as underachieving, or having behaviour/emotional needs
- Checking absences and potential truancy
- Undertake the supervision of late/truancy detentions on a rota basis
- Assist the Parent Support Worker with student attendance issues
- Support the DoPA and/or Pastoral Support Worker with students returning from exclusion
- Monitor the schools inclusion facility ensuring that work and equipment are available on a daily basis
- Where appropriate work with students following an inclusion through one to one mentoring to prevent incidents reoccurring
- Mentoring individual students
- Work with the Learning Support Team in assessing students and identifying those in need of extra support
- Carry out contractual duties and responsibilities directed as allocated by the Headteacher
- Uphold the school rules and encourage students to behave appropriately
- Provide where necessary written details of students’ progress/behaviour to assist Annual Reviews and or other assessments
- Attend staff meetings and any appropriate planning meeting set up for individuals with whom you are working
- Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension scheme
- A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
- A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
- Friendly and sociable colleagues
- Staff membership rates to the modern on-site Leisure Centre
- Good transport links
- Free on-site car park
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school will ensure that all their recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service / DBS checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
HOW TO APPLY
We will be emailing over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8548
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk