Software Automation Test Engineer with experience delivering quality automated solutions with multiple tools is required by a successful Global Consulting Firm that embraces change in order to continually improve and drive quality.
SALARY: Highly Competitive + Benefits (Pension, Healthcare, Company Discounts, Training and Development, Staff Parties and Events and 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays)
LOCATION: Candidates can be based UK wide. However, you must be prepared to travel to client sites primarily based in South East England plus attend the UK head office in Reading.
JOB TYPE: Permanent (All Applicants MUST HAVE full working rights for the UK)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Software Automation Test Engineer with experience delivering quality automated solutions with multiple tools such as Selenium, RFT, MS Coded UI, Ranorex, Tosca, UFT/QTP etc.
As the Software Automation Test Engineer, you will work within the technical division and specialise in Automation and use these skills to consult to the Company’s top tier client base. The Company will expect that you can deliver Test Automation solutions to the highest level of quality.
Please note as a consultancy there will be travel required to various client sites across the UK and you will be expected to stay away from home during the working week.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Software Automation Test Engineer include:
STRATEGY AND PLAN DOCUMENTS
- Create multiple test plans to cover all test cycles for a particular project
- Create or assist in the creation of a test strategy
ESTIMATION AND RESOURCING
- Provides estimates of required resources (time, people, skills, environments, tools etc.) for the project at the request of the test manager
- Identify appropriate resourcing for test projects and test phases
- Validates team estimates
- Negotiate access and organise configuration/build of suitable test environments
- Produce test schedules for a phase of testing
IMPLEMENTATION AND EXECUTION
- Implementation and usage of multiple tools and best practices
- Identify and solves technical challenges with implementation and usage of tools within a small team
- Able to manage the defect process ensuring that all defects are analysed, and fixes are scheduled and retested
REPORTING & DELIVERY
- Provide regular reports to project test management and other interested parties
- Complete client engagements from outset to completion in line with Project Plans and Estimates
TEST DATA AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Determine correct test data requirements and manage accordingly
- Contribute to post implementation reviews for discrete areas
As the Software Automation Test Engineer, you will have:
- Proven Test Lead experience
- Proven experience delivering quality test automation solutions with multiple tools such as Selenium, RFT, MS Coded UI, Ranorex, Tosca, UFT/QTP etc.
- BDD with tools such as Cucumber, JBehave and RSpec.
- A proven track record in leading successful teams
- A solid understanding of OOP development practices with Java, C# or similar
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
Desirable Skills – all levels across Automation
- Web Service and API testing
- Ability to source control your test assets
- Practical SQL and database experience
- Exposure to Agile practices, Continuous Integration tools & DevOps
ABOUT THE COMPANY
As a global company embracing change in order to continually improve and drive quality. Their ability to adapt and respond makes the them a market leader, a company to be proud of and a business recognised by the Gartner Magic Quadrant.
At the heart of their business is their experts within practice disciplines including Automation, Agile, Performance, Security, DevOps, Functional & Non-Functional Testing.
Joining the team will see you meet a diverse range of individuals who really enjoy the variety that comes with working within a consultancy. Their leadership team is accessible to help you grow your career. With their wide variety of clients and projects, you will be constantly challenged.
The Company operates with a flat-structure feel which enables you to have your contributions heard and acknowledged. They keep up-to-date with the ever-changing IT tools and offer you the opportunity to focus on learning new tools through your career at the Company. In addition, as an inclusive friendly organisation, they offer staff parties and run an active social club for those who would like to get involved!
In addition, they offer extensive benefits including competitive salary, professional training, staff mobility programme and healthcare to name but a few.
Discover an environment with the opportunity to work alongside the best in the industry, that is committed to career development and best practices and has the mindset of thought leadership.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5015
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Reading, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk