Print Assistant / Production Operative / Assistant Printer with a NVQ Level 2 in print or equivalent and a Forklift Licence is required for a well-established International Company based in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England.
SALARY: £26,000 – £30,000 pro rata (depending on shift patterns) – Employment will commence on a training rate of circa £26,000 per annum
LOCATION: Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England
TYPE: Full-Time, 6 Months Fixed Term Contract
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Print Assistant / Production Operative / Assistant Printer with a NVQ Level 2 in print or equivalent and a Forklift Licence.
Working as the Print Assistant / Production Operative / Assistant Printer you will assist production across the site as necessary, with the general duties on the machine including setting up and cleaning down. Supporting the make-ready and changeover processes (supplying/mixing inks – loading/unloading machines), ensuring production materials and equipment are available when required, and ensuring all working areas are clean and tidy at all times – working to workplace organisation standards.
As the Print Assistant / Production Operative / Assistant Printer you will provide efficient movement of materials and products to/from production areas; and provide additional support to the Logistics FLM as and when required.
The successful candidate will have the chance to work for a company that is committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people, offering fantastic career opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Print Assistant / Production Operative / Assistant Printer will include:
- Working to required Workplace Organisation standards, ensuring housekeeping standards are maintained, keeping the machines and surrounding areas clean and tidy and disposing of waste in appropriate manner
- Comply with all security instructions providing assistance where necessary
- Providing support in completing documents, data input and quality checks as required
- Carry out the clean down of machines, equipment, change parts, recycling and operating various cleaning machines both manual and automated
- Return items to stock from manufacturing completing relevant documentation
- Help the stocktaking process through carrying out physical material/stock counts
- Preparation of stock (film, inks etc) to the correct standard in readiness to return to Warehouse
- Develop an effective working relationship with Stock Control to ensure materials are requested in a timely manner to avoid any downtime
- Segregate all waste material and dispose of safely into the designated container
- As a member of the production team supporting the make-ready process in order to:
- Minimise any delays and meet the daily production plans across all production areas – supplying and mixing inks; loading/unloading machines using lifting tables and feeder/delivery hoists
- Receive deliveries and prepare loads for despatch, checking quantities, volumes etc. against relevant documentation
- Meet production, quality, delivery, continuous improvement and safety targets in line with the company’s KPI’s
- Assist the printer with general duties on the machine and provide machine minding support during breaks
- Providing on-the-job training & development for new/existing employees where required
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience within a print room environment is advantageous
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy
- NVQ Level 2 in print (or equivalent)
- Experience of handling COSHH materials
- Understanding of housekeeping/workplace organisation principals
- Flexible and pro-active approach; ability to work well within a team and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and with a degree of initiative
- Good organising and planning skills; controlling quality and working to standard operating procedures
- Physically fit with good manual handling skills
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C5867
Full-Time, Contract, Shift-Work, Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Westhoughton, Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk