Assistant Accountant that works to a high level of accuracy is required for a busy Finance Team of 5 based within a well-established Company located in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link from Euston).
SALARY: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link from Euston)
** Excellent Career Progression Opportunities Available **
** Full Training Provided **
** Potential Study Options Available **
** Immediate Start is Possible **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Assistant Accountant who works to a high level of accuracy, is organised and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working as the Assistant Accountant you will join a busy Finance Team of 5 where you will be tasked with a range of accountancy based duties such as managing the Accounts Payable process, Purchase Ledger reconciliations, preparing weekly Cash Flow Forecasts and monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations, in addition to preparing VAT Returns, Accruals and Prepayments and dealing with general GL queries etc.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will work closely with the Purchase, Warehouse, Production and Sales Departments.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to develop your accountancy / bookkeeping skills within this well-established Company that will also provide study support.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Assistant Accountant include:
- Managing Accounts Payable Process and monthly Purchase Ledger Reconciliations
- Bank and Cashbook Management and Monthly Reconciliations
- Monitor the Fixed Asset Register, depreciation etc.
- Weekly Cash Flow Forecasting
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Monthly warehouse sales upload and dealing with queries
- Credit Control, Reconciliations and dealing with queries (Only on Warehouse Sales)
- Month end FX revaluation and journals
- Dealing with GL queries, Analysis and ad-hoc duties
- Work with the Café manager to pull together and review the Café P&L within strict month end deadlines
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Sage 200 or similar
- Good ability in Microsoft Office (MS Excel and MS Word)
- Experience within a finance team in a similar role with significant exposure to General Ledger and Purchase Ledger Accounting
- Highly organised, passionate and motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4441
Full-Time, Accountancy / Bookkeeping Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Recruitment services provided by AWD Online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | www.awdo.co.uk