Mental Health Services Area Manager who has strong management and leadership skills with experience of performance and risk management of complex services and contracts is required for a well-established Charity based in Canterbury, Kent, South East England.
SALARY: £34,500 - £38,091 per annum + Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Covering East Kent - Base is negotiable and an element of home working will be considered
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Fixed Term Contract from 1st November 2021 until March 2023 (with possibility of extension)
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Mental Health Services Area Manager who has strong management and leadership skills with experience of performance and risk management of complex services and contracts.
Working as the Mental Health Services Area Manager you will oversee a team of managers responsible for the highly successful mental health services.
The mental health services support some of the most vulnerable and excluded people in Kent and the organisation makes a difference to thousands of people’s lives every year.
As the Mental Health Services Area Manager you’ll be confident in developing new services, identifying opportunities and responding to changing needs with the local communities. You’ll be an excellent communicator and collaborator, building strategic relationships with stakeholders and partners to achieve the best possible outcomes for the supported people.
The Mental Health Services Area Manager will ensure continual review and development of services, making sure that the organisation can evidence the effectiveness and impact of their work.
This is a new role with lots of scope for development so if you want to bring your skills and enthusiasm into an organisation that’s passionate about changing lives, then this is the job for you.
Your duties as the Mental Health Services Area Manager include:
- Ensure strategic and operational development of existing area services and initiating new services
- Support the development and management of effective services’ governance
- Ensure effective risk and safeguarding practice for area services is developed and implemented
- Maintain financial oversight
- Proactively establish and maintain effective partnerships and collaborations
- Ensure client involvement and co-production approaches are embedded across services to inform development and practice
- Lead on the development, implementation and management of services
- Ensure effective outcome measurement and monitoring of services
- Lead on performance and risk management of services
- Adopt a strategic approach to staff and volunteer resourcing and management for area services
- Effectively manage a dispersed team ensuring team cohesion and consistency in approach and practice, developing and supporting staff training and development plans
- Effectively support and develop managers of services, enabling independent working and decision-making
- Undertake all line management responsibilities including induction, holding regular one to ones and annual PDRs with direct line reports
- Support the development of a skilled and effective workforce needed for services
- Build and maintain strong relationships with commissioners, funders and key stakeholders, working with Head of Service
- Relevant qualification in management at level 5 or above or commitment to work towards this
- Significant experience of multi-agency, strategic partnerships
- Experience of health and social care landscape
- Significant experience of managing large scale projects or contracts
- Skilled communicator, able to give a strategic lead and inspire others
- Effectively manage performance and quality and assurance processes
- Identify solutions to problems and implement them
- Actively drive service development and improvement
- Excellent understanding of client risk and safeguarding issues
- Knowledge and excellent understanding of regulatory data protection, governance and risk management requirements
- A full driving licence and access to a car (subject to the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and Equality Act 2010)
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service) pro rata
- Pension scheme (contributions matched up to 7%)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7295
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Canterbury, Kent, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk