Community Area Manager who has strong management and leadership skills with experience of multi-agency working / strategic partnerships and manging large scale projects and contracts is required for a well-established Charity based in Canterbury, Kent, South East England.
SALARY: £34,500 - £38,091 per annum + Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Canterbury, Kent, South East England
JOB TYPE: Fixed Term Contract until end of June 2023
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Community Area Manager who has strong management and leadership skills with experience of multi-agency working / strategic partnerships and manging large scale projects and contracts.
Working as the Community Area Manager you will lead one of the charity’s services which uses arts, sports and training opportunities to support people with poor mental health who are unemployed and geographically or socially isolated.
The service helps people to build confidence, develop emotional resilience and learn new skills. Doing so will provide them a pathway to work and volunteering opportunities.
As well as leading the team and managing its performance, as the Community Area Manager you will play a key role in the development of the service. This will involve ensuring the charity has strong relationships with the people who commission and fund the charity to do this work, and also with other health & social care and voluntary sector organisations they work alongside.
You will also work closely with other managers to identify future funding opportunities which will allow for the continuation of the good work this service delivers.
Our service is a Building Better Opportunities project funded by the European Social Fund and the Lottery Community Fund.
Your duties as the Community Area Manager include:
- Ensure strategic and operational development of existing area services and initiating new services
- Support the development and management of effective services’ governance, including quality assurance structures and systems
- Ensure effective risk and safeguarding practice for area services
- Maintain financial oversight
- Proactively establish and maintain effective partnerships and collaborations
- Ensure client involvement and co-production approaches are embedded across services
- Lead on the development, implementation and management of services
- Ensure effective outcome measurement and monitoring of services
- Lead on performance and risk management of services
- Adopt a strategic approach to staff and volunteer resourcing and management for area services
- Effectively manage a dispersed team ensuring team cohesion and consistency in approach and practice
- Effectively support and develop managers of services
- Build and maintain strong relationships with commissioners, funders and key stakeholders, working with Head of Service
- Support effective strategic planning of area services in line with the strategic business plan with the Head of Service and other colleagues
- Proactively identify relevant growth and re-tendering opportunities for your area
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Significant experience of multi-agency working / strategic partnerships
- Experience and knowledge of health & social care
- Significant experience of managing large scale projects or contracts
- A full driving licence and access to a car (subject to the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and Equality Act 2010)
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing to 30 days after 5 years service) pro rata
- Pension scheme (contributions matched up to 7%)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7236
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Canterbury, Kent, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk