Apprenticeships Manager with substantial industry experience required for a leading Specialist Vocational College based in London.
SALARY: £35,000 - £38,000 pro rata
CONTRACT TYPE: 9 – 12 months Maternity Cover
WORKING HOURS: Full or Part Time hours can be worked, from 24 to 40 hours per week. (There will be occasional evening and weekend work required)
** Full or Part Time Hours Available **
We have an excellent opportunity for an Apprenticeships Manager that has excellent management / team leading skills and a proven track record managing apprenticeship courses.
Working as the Apprenticeships Manager you will create, develop, implement and maintain a viable Apprenticeship offer, which meets stringent targets that include increasing enrolment and retention rates, serving a wide variety of clients in varying sectors.
As the Apprenticeships Manager, you will help maximise the performance of a designated team, ensuring all targets are achieved through effective leadership and monitoring of the apprenticeship programmes. You may also be required to teach, assess and IQA in any area you are qualified in.
It is an exciting time for the College, which continues to identify new markets, new partners and new cohorts of learners. The organisation recognises that it needs to continue to develop its capability to respond flexibly and creatively to employer’s requirements and exercise due diligence over its partners and contractors.
This is a substantial opportunity for someone with significant skill, knowledge and experience in the apprenticeship area to join this fast paced and enjoyable team.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as Apprenticeships Manager include:
- Ensure the College meets or exceeds the apprentice’s and employers needs whilst fulfilling quality and financial targets
- Create, develop and manage the organisation’s apprenticeship offer to ensure that targets are achieved on quality, fee/funding income, costs and contribution
- Work with external organisations/stakeholders/customers/employers and develop key strategic relationships
- Gaining new business for apprenticeship delivery from the Beauty and Retail industries, and other stakeholder engagement in line with the business needs
- Produce reports as required to support decision making at all levels in the organisation
- Ensure that all sign-up and completion targets for all contract areas are met
- Full responsibility for Profit & Loss Management of Area
- Make effective use of the performance management process to ensure College KPI’s are met
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the College’s products/ services, government funding guidance and audit requirements
- Ensure the team is operating within the expected contractual requirements, the College’s guidelines as well as funding/audit guidelines
- Ensuring the apprenticeship team is ‘good’ or better for teaching, learning and assessment, learner progress and development in line with Ofsted’s the Common Inspection Framework
- Updating and ensuring all marketing material is up to date, accurate and available including website information
- Utilising all forms of marketing to promote the College’s apprenticeship provision, including Social Media, Events and Website
- Responsible for agreeing and allocating employer sites, apprentices’ and specified training activities to individuals in the team, ensuring the activities are in line with company delivery protocols and QA criteria
- Responsible for the management of the audit process, online tracking systems, e-portfolio, QA process and resource development
- Ensure accurate record and data entry onto all systems as required by the department and management to enable accurate and full reporting
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Teaching qualification (minimum PGCE/DTLLS/Cert Ed) or willingness to work towards
- Assessing award/qualification
- Internal Verifier / Quality Assurance qualification
- GCSE in English and Maths grade A-C or equivalent
- Health & Safety trained, such as IOSH (or equivalent)
- Relevant occupational experience
- Successful track record within a commercial target driven business delivery environment delivering apprenticeship programmes at a national level
- Experience of maintaining financial and payment systems
- Must have substantial experience and a proven track record within a similar role
- Ability to monitor accuracy and ensure attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Professional and effective manner when dealing with staff, apprentices, clients and departments
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Flexible attitude to work
- Self-motivated with good team working and team motivation skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4020
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Work in London. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | www.awdo.co.uk