Cloud Application Technical Solutions Software Architect that has a strong understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies and the software development process with experience in Java, J2EE, PHP, Ruby etc. is required for a well-established, Global Market Leading Company based in Stockport, Manchester, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + Benefits (Private Healthcare, Generous Life Insurance, Pension with Company Contribution, Free Parking)
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
** Join a Global Market Leading Company **
** Work with the Latest Technologies **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an NPI (New Product Introduction) Cloud Application Technical Solutions Software Architect that has a strong understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies and the software development process with experience in Java, J2EE, PHP, Ruby etc.
The architect will be a contributing individual and an active member of the scrum team with the added responsibility of helping the team understand and adhere to architectural guidelines when delivering functionality to the business units.
Working as the Cloud Application Technical Solutions Software Architect you’ll be designing products for the Company’s customers as well as new security tools and technologies to enhance the value they can offer to their customers.
As the Cloud Application Technical Solutions Software Architect, you’ll play a key role within each phase of the software development life-cycle and contribute at every stage of the product development cycle, working cross functionally with the Company’s Infrastructure, Security and Data Warehouse Teams - as well as the other Development Teams. All in a supportive, trusting and open work environment.
As a successful candidate, you’ll be working as part of an organisation that promotes internal advancement and where you’ll get constant opportunities to learn new technologies and skills. Career development is a big thing for the Company and they take their people development very seriously. They want you to learn and progress quickly and will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This Global Market Leading Company has a proud track record of numerous industry firsts and has an ambitious technology roadmap to ensure they maintain their leading position.
The US market leaders for ten years, specialising within the healthcare industry, they’ve assumed the same position in the UK over the last three years and are now looking to strengthen that position significantly, while developing new markets across Europe and the Middle East.
As a successful applicant, you will have a great opportunity to join this Global Market Leading Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities and the chance to work with some of the latest technologies.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE ROLE
As the NPI (New Product Introduction) Cloud Application Technical Solutions Software Architect you will be responsible for:
- Being the Technical Lead for members of the Scrum teams
- Converting business and technical requirements into an architectural design that becomes the blueprint for the solution being created
- Steering technical solutions for assigned NPI (New Product Introduction) through the entire lifecycle of the project
- Acting as a subject matter expert and retaining knowledge of functional and non-functional requirements of the product
- Maintaining “bigger picture” and anticipate future requirements and technology changes; provide solutions that can avoid future redundancy and redesign
- Being the link between Product and Development to ensure all technical considerations are addressed and not just ‘put back onto’ Product Management
- Taking in to account needs of all project stakeholders: end users, project sponsors, QA, operations, UI/UX designers etc.
- Providing constant knowledge update for the team members to assure full understanding of architectural and technical aspects by all team members
- Being a key contributor & independent reviewer at gate & design reviews
- Mentoring, coaching, training, facilitating, and providing technical feedback as well as serve as a knowledge hub to other team members
- Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in software development and testing
- Demonstrating a growth mind-set, seeking feedback often and being effective in continuous personal and professional development
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in a similar role, creating high-level architectural specifications
- Ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms
- High competency in use of software patterns
- Strong understanding of Cloud computing technologies
- Significant experience in technical leadership, including responsibility and authority, steering a team, technical coaching and mentoring
- Assisting developers with technical problems, development and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of software development processes including source control, build processes, continuous integration, automated testing
- Experience in Java J2EE, PHP, Ruby on Rails and at least some of:
- SOAP or RESTful web services
- HTML 5
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3823
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Stockport, Manchester, Lancashire, North West England
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk