Children & Young People Disabilities Advice Services Manager that has management experience gained within Education, Health, Social Care or the Third Sector is required by a leading Charity.
SALARY: £33,500 - £35,400 per annum, with the potential to earn up to £46,400 per annum
BENEFITS: 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years’ service), Contributory Pension Plan, Flexible Benefits (includes: Gym Membership, Travel Insurance, Healthcare and Hospital Treatment Plan, Dental Insurance, Additional Life Assurance, Health Screening, Buying and Selling Annual Leave (up to 3 days), Cashback on Salary (up to 2% of salary equivalent)), Retail Discount and Cashback Scheme, Employee Car Lease Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Enhanced Occupational Sick, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay above statutory minimum, Childcare Vouchers and Eye Care Vouchers
WORKING HOURS: 35 Hours per Week
LOCATION: This is an office based job, which will require you to manage remote teams spread across England. As such, you can be based at any of the following office locations:
- Atherton, Greater Manchester, Lancashire
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- Cardiff, South Glamorgan
- Exeter, Devon
- Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Leamington Spa, Warwick, Warwickshire
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Liverpool, Merseyside
- Maidstone, Kent
- Manchester, Lancashire
- Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Reading, Berkshire
- Redbridge, Essex
- Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Southampton, Hampshire
- St Albans, Hertfordshire
** Join and Help this Great Charity **
DOGS: There are frequently dogs on site. Therefore you must be comfortable with dogs in the workplace.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Children & Young People Disabilities Advice Services Manager that has management experience gained within Education, Health, Social Care or the Third Sector.
Working as the Children & Young People Disabilities Advice Services Manager you will have overall responsibility of managing a newly formed cross-functional team of Education and Family Support Specialists across England to develop the existing services.
The Family Support Team provides families of children with visual impairment emotional and practical support, advice and information. They also advise and work with other professionals and organisations.
The Education Support Team offers expert, independent advice to help make sure children with visual impairments are supported at school, and that they attend the educational establishment that is right for them.
As a successful candidate, you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated by the Charity and the thousands of people they help.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Children & Young People Disabilities Advice Services Manager:
- Managing Services – including, the day-to-day management of the CYP Services Advice Line, Education Support and Family Support services
- Managing Staff – including, managing and developing a team of advisors to deliver services of consistent quality
- Process Management and Service Development
- External engagement with collaborative partners and raising awareness of the services
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Children & Young People Disabilities Advice Services Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- Management experience within Education, Health, Social Care or Third Sector
- Knowledge of current legislation, policy and research relating to children and young people, and to disability
- Significant proven experience of working in a management or leadership role for specialist services for children and young people
- Committed to multi-agency / multi-disciplinary working and can demonstrate a strong ability to liaise effectively with other professionals/agencies especially those in education, health and children’s social care settings.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3662
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Atherton, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Birmingham, West Midlands, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, Exeter, Devon, Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Warwickshire, Leeds, West Yorkshire, Liverpool, Merseyside, London, Maidstone, Kent, Manchester, Lancashire, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, Reading, Berkshire, Redbridge, Essex, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, Southampton, Hampshire, St Albans, Hertfordshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk