Quality Administrator / Administrative Assistant who has excellent communication, organisational and data input skills with the ability to work in a stand-alone role carrying out a range of quality tests and administration duties is required for a well-established Company based in Tilbury Docks, Essex.
SALARY: £9.50 per hour
LOCATION: Tilbury Docks, Essex
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with a 60 minute break
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be comfortable working within a warehouse / depot environment. Although you will have a range of administration-based duties you will also need to be ‘hands on’ carrying out quality control tests on the company’s wood-based products.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Quality Administrator / Administrative Assistant who has excellent communication, organisational and data input skills with the ability to work in a stand-alone role carrying out a range of quality tests and administration duties.
Working as the Quality Administrator / Administrative Assistant you will be responsible for quality control checks on the Company’s products, data input and analysing.
As the Quality Administrator / Administrative Assistant, you will be a self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running. You will be able to communicate effectively with peers and customers at all levels, you will be diligent and be able to use initiative whilst being a good team player.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Quality Administrator / Administrative Assistant:
- Carry out quality tests on wood-based products to ensure they meet the expected standards for size, moisture and density
- Monitor for variations from the customer specifications/expected norm
- Ensure test results are returned and ready for export shipments
- A minimum of weekly sample preparation and dispatch to third party test house for Asbestos sampling
- Temperature monitoring of all wood-based stocks twice per day and recording for the Environment Agency
- Highlight any abnormalities with temperatures / products / inbound, to site management
- Liaising with other departments to ensure required standards are met
- Input data on to in house database to enable paperwork to be produced and ensure accuracy for invoicing purposes
- Deal with complaints from customers
- Cover the load inspector at break times and holidays
- General office administration such as updating and producing reports and spreadsheets, photocopying, faxing, filing, archiving
Additional Duties may include:
- Weighbridge cover (as and when required) – training provided
- Dealing with drivers face to face and issuing paperwork when they come into the office or over the telephone
- Health and Safety requirements
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate effectively with peers and customers at all levels via telephone, email and in person
- Ability to use initiative and work in a stand-alone role
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Friendly but professional manner
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5252
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Tilbury, Essex. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk