Administrator / Pensions Administration Assistant who has good administrative, organisational and communication skills with a fundamental knowledge of pensions administration activities is required by a well-established Company located in Wokingham, Berkshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Generous Benefits (25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Discretionary Bonus Scheme, Pension Plan, Life Assurance Cover, Flexible Benefits Scheme (Supporting you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle), Discounts and Savings from Retailers and Service Providers, Interest Free Season Ticket Loan)
LOCATION: Wokingham, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Administrator / Pensions Administration Assistant who has good administrative, organisational and communication skills with a fundamental knowledge of pensions administration activities.
Working as the Administrator / Pensions Administration Assistant you will join a team that is responsible for every aspect of each client’s service, enabling the Company to build the best possible relationships and provide the clarity of focus each scheme deserves.
Ultimately, pension schemes are there for their members; the Company place just as much emphasis on delivering excellent customer service as they do on technical proficiency and quality control.
As the Administrator / Pensions Administration Assistant you will have an opportunity to join a Company that can offer excellent career progression opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Administrator / Pensions Administration Assistant:
- Perform all basic pensions administrative and project related tasks e.g. handling of new entrants, leavers, retirements, transfers and deaths
- Adhere to best practice procedures
- Participate in annual projects such as; renewals, benefit statements, life assurance, PHI and pension increases. Handle any data processing and administrative tasks, ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements
- Ensure standard documentation is scheme specific
- Monitor on going procedural developments and implement changes to procedures where required
- First level checking of work completed by more junior staff. In addition, final checking of non-financial work e.g. change of address
- Informal training and mentoring of more junior team members
- Receive and handle internal and external telephone queries and where applicable becoming first point of contact for clients
- Run automated systems calculations and perform manual benefits calculations
- Produce ad-hoc letters to ‘draft standards’ using Electronic Document Management system (EDM) in response to customer queries or able to complete standard tasks to ‘final letter standards’
- Develop intermediate knowledge and awareness of your clients and associated schemes
- Take responsibility for ad-hoc projects and exercises
- Update relevant pension administration databases and systems
- Deal with more complex pensions queries
- Handle both Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) queries
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Able to demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of pensions administration activities and can apply this knowledge to any scheme
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes (including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases
- Experience of current pensions legislation and framework is essential, especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration
- Experience of checking and mentoring more junior members of staff would be desirable
TRAINING, EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard
- Ideally a minimum of three C grades or above at A Level or equivalent qualification
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B
- Studying for or a willingness to study for a relevant pensions qualification e.g. CPC/QPA/DPC/RPC/APMI
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to follow instructions, procedures and assimilate information quickly in a consistent manner
- Effective interpersonal skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required in order to perform their duties both numerical and written
- Good oral and written communication and listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work in advance of deadlines and prioritising multiple tasks.
- Well-developed project management skills - able to see projects/tasks from concept through to completion within given timescales
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4792
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Wokingham, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk