Senior Administrator / School Administration Assistant with excellent organisational skills, demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining administrative systems and procedures and an excellent level of literacy and numeracy is required for a senior school, part of a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Stanmore, North West London.
This is a dual-purpose role where you will look after both the Exams and Sixth Form administration.
SALARY: £23,823 to £26,221 FTE (Actual Salary £20,285 - £22,328)
LOCATION: Stanmore, North West London
JOB TYPE: 36.25 Hours per Week, Full-Time, Permanent (Term Time only plus 10 days)
START DATE: March 2021
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve registered your interest, we will email over an application form to complete. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Administrator / School Administration Assistant with excellent organisational skills, demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining administrative systems and procedures and an excellent level of literacy and numeracy.
Working as the Senior Administrator / School Administration Assistant you will ensure the administration and organisation of all examinations are undertaken and regulations are adhered to, providing administrative support to the Sixth Form lead staff.
As the Senior Administrator / School Administration Assistant you will be responsible for the management of staff, including commissioning and delegation of relevant activities and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
The school is located in a new £25-million-pound building where the successful candidate will have use of facilities that are up to date and at the cutting edge of technology. There are a full range of other facilities including; state of the art sports grounds and hall, performing arts suite and fantastic teaching rooms.
Your core duties and responsibilities as the Senior Administrator / School Administration Assistant will include:
Examinations Officer Role
- Main point of contact for all matters relating to all examinations
- Communicate with exam boards, the JCQ, staff, students’ parents and governors
- Disseminate information and answer queries regarding examinations
- Manage and run all stages and processes in the administration of the school’s examinations
- Manage the examination entry process
- Create, publish, update and distribute the examination timetable, procedures and exam board information
- Ensure that all exam policies and procedures are kept up to date and reviewed annually in line with JCQ regulations
- Check and store examination papers prior to the start of an examination series
- Manage examination days and the conduct of all examinations
- Recruit, train and manage examination invigilators
- Oversee the receipt of examination results – be present to download the results in August
- Responsible for the distribution of results and certificates
- Administer requests for grade reviews, re-marking, return of scripts and complaints for processing by exam boards
- Effective oversight of the Exams budget
Sixth Form Administrator Role
- Provide administrative support for Sixth Form activities, Sixth Form lead staff and Head of Sixth Form
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance
- Liaise with the Head of Sixth Form, to discuss students’ needs or issues
- Administer the bursary payment process
- Assist with the organising of educational trips and visits for the Sixth Form and internal events such as Open Evenings and Graduations
- Implement the Sixth Form’s Behaviour policy and codes of conduct
- Demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining administrative systems and procedures
- Significant experience of working in a similar role within an educational setting is desirable
- Excellent level of literacy and numeracy skills
- High level of competence using the internet, websites, word processing, data bases and other specialist resources/equipment etc.
- Experience of supervising other administrative staff effectively
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid
- Excellent ICT skills and working knowledge of school management information systems
- Good working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and pay attention to detail
- Ability to plan and manage own time effectively
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Ability to interpret information and to devise work guidelines for other staff
- High degree of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements within a school setting is desirable
- Commitment to professional development, learning and development
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will also be completed.
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve registered your interest, we will email over an application form to complete. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6118
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Stanmore, North West London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk