Administrative Assistant / School Receptionist / Administrator who has previous experience of general clerical, administrative and secretarial support and a good level of literacy and numeracy skills is required for a fast-growing Multi Academy Trust based in Croydon, South London.
SALARY: £6,913 - £7,152 per annum (Term-time salary) + Benefits
LOCATION: Croydon, South London
TYPE: Part-Time Fixed Term Contract until End of July 2020 – Term time only (with a view to becoming permanent)
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 3.5 hours per day 9.30am to 1.00pm (term time only)
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Administrative Assistant / School Receptionist / Administrator who has previous experience of general clerical, administrative and secretarial support and a good level of literacy and numeracy skills.
As the Administrative Assistant / School Receptionist / Administrator you will provide clerical, administrative and secretarial support to the school, undertaking reception duties; answering routine telephone calls, dealing with face-to-face enquiries and signing in visitors.
Working as the Administrative Assistant / School Receptionist / Administrator you will assist with pupil first aid and welfare, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents and staff. You will also assist with arranging visits by the school nurse, photographer etc.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Administrative Assistant / School Receptionist / Administrator will include:
- Providing general clerical, administrative and secretarial support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, completing standard forms, and responding to routine correspondence
- Maintaining manual and computerised records/ management information systems
- Undertaking typing, word processing and other ICT based tasks
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Undertaking routine administration e.g. registers / school meals register
- Operating relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, databases, spreadsheets, internet)
- Maintaining stocks and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required
- Undertake general financial administration e.g. processing orders
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Adhere to school health and safety policy including risk assessment and safety systems
- Adhere to school Ethos policy
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of general clerical /administrative work is essential
- Good level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Evidence of the ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Appropriate knowledge of first aid
- Effective use of ICT packages and keyboard skills
- Competent use of relevant administrative equipment/resources e.g. photocopier, laminator, scanner
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and pay attention to detail
- Ability to plan and manage own time effectively and work prioritising tasks in a time efficient manner and keep to deadlines in a very busy environment
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Ability to work as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities
- High degree of energy, resilience and enthusiasm
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people within the school
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements within a school setting is desirable
- Commitment to professional development, learning and development
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-C5081
Part-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Croydon, South London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk