Actuary / Pensions Actuarial Consultant who is either nearly or recently qualified as an actuary with experience working within the pensions industry is required by a well-established Company located in London.
SALARY: Competitive + Generous Benefits (25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Discretionary Bonus Scheme, Pension Plan, Life Assurance Cover, Flexible Benefits Scheme (Supporting you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle), Discounts and Savings from Retailers and Service Providers, Interest Free Season Ticket Loan)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Actuary / Pensions Actuarial Consultant who is either nearly or recently qualified as an actuary with experience working within the pensions industry.
Working as the Actuary / Pensions Actuarial Consultant you will join the Company’s Corporate Pension Team in their London practice who are a market leader in providing strategic advice to companies on managing pension cost and risk, as well as corporate transactions advice on pensions. The Company is often called upon to solve complex pension challenges in tight timescales. The team advises a range of clients across diverse industry groups on pension funding, benefits, member options, transactions and restructurings.
At its core the opportunity requires someone who wants to consult with clients as an Actuary / Pensions Actuarial Consultant. This is all about managing the relationships that exist between your clients and the team. The Company is growing and need someone who reflects their ambition in the market. Corporate pensions actuarial roles are very pro-active and project driven, recent projects have included:
- Benefit change exercises and consultations
- Implementing long-term funding targets and journey planning, incorporating advice on funding, investment strategy and covenant, incorporating other experts within the Company to the extent necessary
- Negotiations with trustees regarding triennial valuations
- Strategic investment strategy advice for corporates, working alongside experts Investments
- Strategic employer covenant advice for corporates, particularly covenant enhancement options to support journey plans
- Member options projects
- Corporate transactions advice; and
- Corporate accounting exercises
This could be a great opportunity for the right person to transfer over from trustee to corporate or someone looking to expand their corporate career.
As the Actuary / Pensions Actuarial Consultant, you will have an opportunity to join a Company that can offer excellent career progression opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing high quality, efficient delivery of day-to-day actuarial services to clients expected to be focussed on employer advice and transactions
- Supporting senior colleagues in new business activities
- Providing support to more senior team members on larger / more complex client situations
- Maintaining a good understanding of relevant technical issues, including TASs, Codes of Practice, scheme documentation and the supporting regulatory framework
- Developing internal standard processes and identifying new ways to work more efficiently
- Attending and delivering internal technical training sessions and demonstrating application of learning
- Train and support less experienced staff
- Nearly or recently qualified as an Actuary with experience working in the pensions industry
- Experience of working on employer projects and transaction projects preferred
- Broad understanding of how UK pensions schemes operate, with an understanding of UK Pensions Legislation
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to prioritise and complete work in accordance to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining standards to meet client demands particularly given the transactional nature of some projects
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills. Confident and able to explain complex issues in simplified terms to prospects, clients and more junior team members.
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office suite of products, in particular Excel
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4800
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk