Accounts Assistant / Finance Officer / Part Qualified Accountant that works to a high level of accuracy and has Advanced Excel skills with experience covering Sales Leger, Purchase Ledger, Credit Control, Production of Monthly Accounts, Payroll and VAT is required for a small, friendly Finance Team based within a well-established Company in Skelmersdale, West Lancashire, North West England.
- 24 days holiday per year plus statutory UK Bank Holidays
- Private Bupa health care cover
- Computershare cycle to work scheme
- Computershare childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Up to 5% pension contribution
LOCATION: Skelmersdale, West Lancashire, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Accounts Assistant / Finance Officer / Part Qualified Accountant that works to a high level of accuracy and has Advanced Excel skills with experience covering Sales Leger, Purchase Ledger, Credit Control, Production of Monthly Accounts, Payroll and VAT.
Working as the Accounts Assistant / Finance Officer / Part Qualified Accountant you will work within a small friendly finance team within a well-established Company, providing support to the Operations and Sales Teams.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Accounts Assistant / Finance Officer / Part Qualified Accountant:
- Process sales ledger transactions including the processing of invoices, credit control, customer statement reconciliation, and dealing with customer enquiries
- Assist in the production of monthly accounts and reports including fixed assets register, payroll analysis, aged creditors, balance sheet, P&L
- Manage bank accounts including UK & foreign accounts and undertake regular bank reconciliations
- Processing of monthly payroll and associated HMRC submissions
- Assist in preparation of Quarterly VAT returns for submission to HMRC
- Ensure HMRC procedures for PAYE, VAT and statutory payments are complied with
- Assist with budget and forecasting
- Perform Income Tax year-end procedures including preparation and distribution of P60s and P11Ds where applicable
- Produce accurate finance reports impacting operational decision making, undertake ad-hoc data analysis reporting across the business
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Accounts Assistant / Finance Officer / Part Qualified Accountant you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- ‘Hands-on’ commercial experience working within a finance department
- AAT L3 or part qualified accountant experience
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people and adaptable to the working cycle of finance reporting needs
- Experience of foreign currency transactions and consolidations
- Advanced Excel and reporting skills (analysis, pivots, sumifs) and experience of MS Access / Crystal reports would be a bonus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with good organisational and analytical abilities
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy vital
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4391
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Skelmersdale, West Lancashire, North West England. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk