Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper / Administrator that has Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Payroll and Sage Line 50 accounting systems experience with good administrative, organisational and time-management skills is required for a multi-million pound Company based in Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, North West England.
SALARY: Up to £21,000 pro rata (depending on experience) + Benefits
TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS / DAYS: 24 Hours per Week (flexibility on days worked)
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
** Immediate Start Available **
We have a fantastic immediate new job opportunity for an Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper / Administrator that has Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Payroll and Sage Line 50 accounting systems experience with good administrative, organisational and time-management skills.
Working as the Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper / Administrator you will be the only on-site finance person managing the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Payroll duties.
There is a specific responsibility for maintaining accurate and up-to-date Purchase and Sales Ledgers using SAGE Line 50 accounting software for two companies so processing transactional data is a key element of the working week.
In addition to your finance responsibilities, as the Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper / Administrator you will also be responsible for a range of administrative duties such as distributing the post daily, scanning documents, booking accommodation and other day-to-day administrative based tasks.
Interaction with the wider organisation is critical in this role, so excellent communication and interpersonal skills are vital.
As a successful applicant, you will have a great opportunity to join this multi-million pound Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper / Administrator:
- Maintain Sage Line 50 accounting systems
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Monitor Purchase orders raised and matching Supplier invoices to orders ensuring accurate posting to the nominal ledgers
- Resolving discrepancies between orders and invoices
- Entering Non PO supplier invoices into the accounting system
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Preparing supplier payment run to be approved for payment by line manager
- Ensuring invoices are issued to customers promptly
- Maintain accurate sales ledgers within the Sage Line 50 accounting systems
- Entering daily remittances from bank statements into Sage
- Performing Credit control function to minimise overdue balances and support the resolution of customer queries in relation to invoices
- Responsibility for petty cash, including maintenance of petty records and month end reconciliation
- Completion of multiple Weekly bank reconciliations across multi-currency accounts
- Prepare Monthly Payrolls using Sage Payroll Package across the two businesses for 35 employees
General Office Administration Duties
- Open incoming post daily; date stamp and distribute to the appropriate members of staff
- Booking Accommodation for Technical Services Team
- Scanning documents relating to manufacturing process
- Ad hoc duties to support the day-to-day activities of the business
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven experience within a SME accounting department, ideally in a manufacturing business
- Preparation of management accounts would be an advantage as this is something that will be taken on in the future to develop the role
- Building excellent internal and external relationships
- Managing multiple priorities and coping when under pressure
- Experience of Accounting Software packages, preferably SAGE Line 50
- Payroll Preparation and Auto Enrolment
- Experience of desktop office suites, preferably Microsoft Office with strong Excel and Word skills
- Excellent team work and co-operation skills
- The ability to work autonomously, planning own work schedule to ensure deadlines are meet
- The ability to work as part of a team and under pressure in busy times
- Good literacy, numeracy and verbal communication skills and IT literate
- A positive individual with a ‘can do’ approach and attitude
- Keen to develop and learn new skills
- An effective and confident communicator who listens and can express themselves clearly
- Committed, reliable, responsible, and honest with high integrity
- Welcomes change, is flexible and can adapt and deal with various demands
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4024
Part-Time, Permanent Accountancy, Book Keeping and Office Administration Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside, North West England. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk