AAT Trainee / Accounting Technician who works to a high level of accuracy and has excellent numeracy, communication and interpersonal skills is required for a highly successful and innovative Housing Organisation based in Poole, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £18,989 - £21,166 per annum + Benefits
BENEFITS: Local Government Pension Scheme, Free Parking and Flexi-time.
LOCATION: Poole, Dorset
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** AAT Trainee **
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new and rare job opportunity for an AAT Trainee / Accounting Technician to join the Organisations busy finance team, who works to a high level of accuracy and has excellent numeracy, communication and interpersonal skills
Working as the AAT Trainee / Accounting Technician you will be responsible for managing the payment of invoices, ensuring key controls are in place for areas such as reconciliations, providing support for budget setting and monitoring, ensuring journals, accruals and ledger adjustments are processed and managing petty cash processes.
As the AAT Trainee / Accounting Technician, you should have excellent numeracy, communication and interpersonal skills. With a good eye for detail, you will enjoy working with figures, take a well organised, methodical and logical approach to work, and be able to work flexibly and under pressure, effectively prioritising your work to ensure tasks are completed on time. The ability to use MS Excel is a must, and knowledge of computerised financial systems and of accounts payable and receivable processes would be an advantage, although training will be offered to the right person.
As a successful candidate you should be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude, and bring enthusiasm and conscientiousness to the role, and you should be keen to progress in your Accounting career through AAT qualification.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the AAT Trainee / Accounting Technician:
- Provide assistance and support to the Senior Accountant and Finance Team
- Manage the payment of invoices across the Organisation ensuring that 95% are paid within 30 days of being received
- Manage the petty cash process
- Ensure that key controls are in place and updated each month, such as reconciliations
- Provide support for budget setting and monitoring as directed by the Senior Accountant
- Ensure that all journals, accruals and ledger adjustments are processed accurately and within deadline
- Undertake training to develop own financial skills via the AAT qualification
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Good standard of general education including Maths at Grade B or above and English at Grade C or above or equivalent
- Commitment to gain AAT qualification
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Well organised, logical and methodical approach to work
- MUST have knowledge of MS Excel (Essential)
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes would be desirable
HOW TO APPLY
Once you’ve applied for this role through this site you will be required to complete an online application form and the details will be emailed over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5136
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Poole, Dorset. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk