Accountant / Finance Manager with solid experience of managing an accounts department and experience using Sage and Sage Payroll is required for a large and diverse landed Estate based on the North Yorkshire Coast, in the North York Moors National Park.
SALARY: Competitive (depending on experience)
BENEFITS: 20 Days per Annum Annual Leave (plus 8 public and religious holidays), Pension Scheme, Death in Service, Further training and development opportunities and other benefits after 6-month probationary period.
LOCATION: Whitby, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Accountant / Finance Manager with solid experience of managing an accounts department and experience using Sage and Sage Payroll.
Working closely with the Financial Director, as an Accountant / Finance Manager you will have responsibility for all day-to-day accounting including the preparation and monitoring of performance against budgets, the production of management accounts, sales and purchase ledgers, payroll, and VAT returns.
As an Accountant / Finance Manager you will not only have business acumen, but be hardworking, committed, trustworthy and experienced in the safe and efficient delivery of accounting operations. Attention to detail is paramount and you must be able to work on your own initiative on a day-to-day basis.
This is a senior role on the Estates Management Team and you will be responsible for ensuring key deadlines are met and an effective accounting service is delivered for the owner. Therefore, candidates should have relevant experience and qualifications to competently undertake the role. Experience of farming budgets, accounting and valuations would be advantageous.
To be successful you will also be well organised, adaptable, discreet, reliable, and work with enthusiasm, flexibility, and commitment. In view of the varied content of the role, a background of having worked on a rural Estate would be helpful but is not essential. The individual will be a supportive team player, who is engaging, self-motivated and thrives in working with others but equally alone. Good communication skills are essential.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This role is with a large and diverse landed Estate located on the North Yorkshire Coast, in the North York Moors National Park. The Estate extends to some 15,000 acres, including 2,500 acres of Forestry, a large in-hand farm and a Registered Park and Garden around Mulgrave Castle, which is the seat of the Marquis of Normanby.
Your role as an Accountant / Finance Manager will include:
- Preparation of Estate wide budgets and the monitoring of them with other departmental managers
- Managing the sales and purchase ledgers, including the approval processes
- Dealing with e-commerce transactions
- Processing recharge invoices to internal businesses
- Monitoring customer and supplier balances
- Credit control including preparation and dispatch of debtor statements
- Compiling, posting, and delivering payroll
- Ensure all accounts transactions are posted to the system, including review of trial balance and provide assistance/ information to the FD in respect of quarterly board meetings
- Liaise with and provide assistance to the FD, our auditors and London based Accountants and advisors in respect of the preparation of annual financial statements
- Collaborative and team working with other Estate Departments
- Solid experience of managing an accounts department
- Use of Landmark (or similar property software), Sage and Sage Payroll
- Full and clean driving licence
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7778
Full-Time, Permanent Accounting Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Whitby, Scarborough, North Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk