Trainee / Junior and Senior Level Account Managers required with excellent customer service and client management skills are required for a growing Global Publishing Company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston)
SALARY: £18,000 - £35,000 per annum (Depending on Experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
** Trainee / Junior and Senior Level Applications Considered **
** Team Management Opportunities for Senior Level Candidates **
We have excellent job opportunities for a customer service focussed Account Manager to manage a portfolio of clients – All levels of experience considered. Excellent customer service, ambition and drive are a must. Trainee / Junior level candidates will receive comprehensive in-house training and mentoring. Senior level candidates will have the opportunity to manage a team.
Working at this Publishing Company as an Account Manager is an opportunity to be a part of an exciting story. The Company has grown year on year with an expanding market and staff team. The Company prides itself in its family culture and believe they are unique in the world of publishing. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious professional ready to take the next step or first step and able to embrace the career prospects offered and make the post their own.
The Company is looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager prepared to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment to oversee book sales across a significant territory. The role will require hands on client account management, attention to detail, good analytical skills, relationship selling and the ability to work as part of a team and individually to ensure that excellent customer service levels are upheld.
You will work quickly, accurately, effectively, confidently and with initiative. You will maintain databases that reflect confirmed orders, track existing product as well as understand the customer’s interest and future sales opportunities to achieve sales targets and secure opportunities. You will take an active approach to sales seeking and securing opportunities to grow the business.
Applications are welcome regardless of previous experience as we have positions at trainee / junior and senior level. If applying for a senior position you will need to demonstrate a proven track record in Client Account Management and preferably experience within the publishing industry. Experience in managing others would also be desirable.
Occasional travel will be required as part of this post.
If this looks like your ideal job please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Account Manager include:
- Help set budget and strategy, monitoring progress against targets
- Comprehensive and detailed Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Negotiate prices and schedules communicating any changes in schedule appropriately and managing customer relationships accordingly
- Maintain and analyse sales databases, spread sheets and schedules to track and monitor sales, stock and opportunity
- Seek and schedule customer engagement opportunities for your territory which could include setting meetings for the CEO and Sales Director
- Utilise outstanding attention to detail in all customer communications
- Communicate with Inventory, Editorial, Design, Production and Finance
- Manage and mentor two/three members of staff
- Grow existing accounts, pursue new initiatives, open up new accounts and explore new business streams
- Build relationships with key buyers and internal colleagues
- Lead, manage and perform by example
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience managing customer accounts within a sales environment with strong sales and negotiation skills
- Preferably you will have publishing industry experience. If not, you should have a passion for books with a desire to develop a career within the publishing industry
- Good sales and customer service skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The administrative ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly
- Highly organised, passionate and motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power-point)
- High attention to detail and strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience of managing people is an advantage
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3916
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk