Account Manager with strong communication, negotiation, customer service and client management skills is required for an international children’s publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston).
This is an excellent opportunity to start a career in publishing.
SALARY: £18,000 - £25,000 per annum (Depending on Experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30mins from London Euston)
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
** Join a Fun, Friendly and Creative Team **
The company has grown year-on-year with an expanding market and staff team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious professional who is passionate about publishing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager to oversee book sales across a significant territory and prepared to work in an innovative and agile business.
Working as the Account Manager you will have excellent customer service and client management skills with the ambition and drive to succeed and build long-term relationships with buyers from publishers and book sellers.
The role will require hands-on client account management, attention to detail and relationship selling to ensure that excellent customer service levels are upheld. Some international travel will be required.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Account Manager may include:
- Manage a significant sales territory with responsibility of key client accounts and customers
- Build long-term relationships with buyers from publishers and book sellers
- Work closely with Design, Production and Finance to cost, plan and deliver new print runs for your customers
- Help negotiate prices and schedules for new print runs
- Manage the client relationship through schedule changes or other potential issues
- Maintain and analyse sales databases, spread sheets and schedules to track and monitor sales and opportunity
- Help set budget and strategy, monitoring progress against targets
- Seek customer engagement opportunities for your territories
- Grow existing accounts, pursue new initiatives, open up new accounts and explore new business streams
- Attend international book fairs to meet with customers, demonstrate new books and develop new leads
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the Account Manager, you should have the following skills and attributes:
- A passion for books with a desire to develop a career within the publishing industry
- Strong communicator with the ability to build long term client relationships
- Highly organised, passionate and motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power-point)
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like your ideal job and you either have previous experience within a sales environment or are looking to start your career within this industry, then please send in your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4011
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk