C1 / 7.5T Driver who holds a full clean driving licence with excellent customer service and communication skills as well as a high attention to detail is required for a well-established company based in Newark, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands
LOCATION: Newark, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
This is a permanent role and will be on an annualised hours contract based over 10 months of the year, but being paid over 12 months (February to November).
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a C1 / 7.5T Driver who holds a full clean driving licence with excellent customer service and communication skills as well as a high attention to detail.
Working as a C1 / 7.5T Driver you will report directly into the Depot Supervisor and will deliver the correct goods to the correct delivery point, using the most efficient route. You will work closely with all the team members and the wider business to ensure the Company meets their high professional standards of distribution and safe operating procedures.
As a C1 / 7.5T Driver you will maintain accurate and timely vehicle records and tachograph charts as required by the Company and legislation.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the C1 / 7.5T Driver include:
- To deliver goods promptly and cost effectively as instructed by the Depot Supervisor, ensuring the accuracy of each delivery against the delivery advice note and by using the most economic route in the order of priority of each delivery as instructed
- To load, drive and unload the vehicle within the regulations laid down by BASIS, statute and the Company
- To maintain accurate and timely vehicle records and tachograph charts as required by the Company and legislation
- Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for the customers
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across our internal and external businesses
- To operate a fork-lift truck safely and in accordance with Company standards
- To maintain the vehicle in a clean and safe condition. Report any defects found daily and by manners and appearance of self and vehicle. Create an efficient and courteous image for the Company and its services
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
- It is essential that the successful candidate has a full clean driving licence and experience of driving 7.5 tonne vehicles, as well as multi drop experience
- An ADR licence and counter-balance licence would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of product storage solutions and agrochemical experience, as well as being able to use computer systems effectively
- Knowledge of the local area and appropriate routes will also be a distinct advantage
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communication skills
- High attention to detail whilst working under pressure
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot when required and as instructed by the Depot Supervisor or Depot Assistant
This role is permanent and will be on an annualised hours contract based over 10 months of the year, February to November and therefore a flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of our business. Training will be provided as necessary to the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7378
Full Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Newark, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk