Multi-Drop Delivery 7.5 Tonne Driver that holds a valid driver CPC card, digital tachograph, has experience of driving 7.5 tonne vehicles, as well as multi drop experience is required for a Depot based in Pocklington, East Riding of Yorkshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Pocklington, East Riding of Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Annualised Hours – a flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of the business
PLEASE NOTE: You will need a full valid driving licence allowing you to drive up to 7.5t vehicles. Candidates will also hold a valid CPC Driver Qualification Card and a Digital Tachograph Card.
An ADR Licence and Counter-Balance Licence would be a distinct advantage.
We have an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work as a Multi-Drop Delivery 7.5 Tonne Driver that holds a valid driver CPC card, digital tachograph, has experience of driving 7.5 tonne vehicles, as well as multi drop experience.
Working as a Multi-Drop Delivery 7.5 Tonne Driver you will work in a small team, supporting the smooth running of the depot, delivering agri-chemicals to farmers and growers across a wide rural area, using the most efficient routes.
As the 7.5 Tonne Driver you will have excellent customer service and time-management skills and ideally will have knowledge of product storage solutions and agrochemical experience. Knowledge of the local area and appropriate routes will be a distinct advantage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this sounds like your ideal job, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the 7.5 Tonne Driver:
- Deliver goods promptly and cost effectively as instructed by the Depot Supervisor and Depot Operations Coordinator, ensuring the accuracy of each delivery against the delivery advice note and by using the most economic route in the order of priority of each delivery as instructed
- Load, drive and unload the vehicle within the regulations laid down by BASIS, statute and the Company
- Maintain accurate and timely vehicle records and tachograph records as required by the Company and legislation
- Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for customers
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Operate a fork-lift truck safely and in accordance with Company standards
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean and safe condition. Report any defects found
- Create an efficient and courteous image for the Company and its services
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot when required and as instructed by the Depot Supervisor or Depot Operations Coordinator
- On occasion there may be a requirement to travel to different locations to attend training or meetings or support other depots
- A valid Driving Licence with experience driving a 7.5 tonne vehicle
- A counter-balance licence and ADR licence would be a distinct advantage
- CPC driver qualification card
- Excellent customer service skills
- Have great time management skills
- Experience of working in the transport and logistics / distribution industry
- Heavy lifting will be required as part of this role
Ideally you will have knowledge of agriculture, along with an understanding that in an agricultural business, flexibility around working hours will be required, including some weekend and bank holiday working. It is expected that you will be employed on an annualised hours contract, due to the seasonality of this type of industry.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5892
Full-Time, Permanent Driving Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Pocklington, East Riding of Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk