1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Technician who has experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10, SharePoint and Microsoft Office software with excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and previous experience working within an IT support role is required for two Local Authorities’ shared IT service.
SALARY: £24,279 – £26,611 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: Candidates can work from either at Andover or on occasions Winchester. Travel to these two main sites and other locations will be required regularly
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
HOURS: 37 hours per week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Technician who has experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10, SharePoint and Microsoft Office software with excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and previous experience working within an IT support role.
Working as the 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Technician you will help the team deliver all IT first line support services to staff and members, ensuring all key performance indicators and service level agreements are met or exceeded.
As the 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Technician, you will adhere to ITIL disciplines and have excellent organisational and time-management skills requiring minimal supervision. You will also be capable of escalating problems and working in a team to meet all set objectives.
The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to join a committed team in a dynamic environment dedicated to providing high quality services.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Technician:
- Log and resolve all calls to the Service Desk up to a specialist second line level. Troubleshoot issues remotely to minimise service disruption and reduce unnecessary desk-based visits
- Ensure systems are secured with changes to user accounts from starters, leavers and other role-based changes. Work with the other IT teams to ensure all assets are returned and updated
- Achieve Call Queue Targets and ensure action is taken to meet SLA’s and KPI’s
- Respond to all user communications using a mixed variety of technologies to meet the business needs. Identify, update and provide guidance on new self-help services and user support reference guides and training needs
- Gather and submit statistics to contribute towards Service Support Reports
- Achieve all Continuous Service Improvement targets set by the Service Desk Manager. Promote and share ideas and trends on user behaviour and any system outage patterns to improve the customer experience
- Assist with the training, support and guide new Service Desk staff and temporary contractors working with the Service Desk Manager to meet service demands
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- 4 GCSE’s at a minimum of Grade C including Mathematics and English or equivalent
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office software
- Basic Microsoft Windows 10 operating system knowledge
- Working within an IT support or customer support role
- Proven experience of using Windows 10, SharePoint and Microsoft Office software
- Basic Experience using Richmond Service desk software or an alternative
- Ability to communicate information effectively to a wide variety of users, IT staff and managers
- The ability to work as part of a team to support IT users and resolve incidents
- Able to learn, adapt and support new technologies to improve service delivery
- Able to record call logging information accurately
- Customer focussed and consistently adopts a positive attitude
- Able to remain calm when under pressure and escalate calls by following agreed procedures
- A quick learner and able to understand technical IT instructions
- Actively promotes effective and efficient working by displaying excellent time and priority management
- Must be able to travel to Hampshire-wide locations and occasionally to further locations some of which may not be easily accessible by public transport
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL3 or above) Foundation or equivalent level of experience
- Experience in general documentation of IT systems
- Able to update user support documentation
- Available to work out of hours on occasions to complete IT maintenance tasks
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5378
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Andover, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk