1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst that has solid technical, troubleshooting and customer service skills is required for a busy technical Help Desk within a well-established Company based in Chorley, Lancashire, North West England.
SALARY: £19,000 - £21,000 per annum (Depending on Experience) + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 Hours per Week (Shift Work)
SHIFT PATTERNS: Early shift will be from 8am until 4pm, and late shift works from 12pm until 8pm Monday – Thursday with Friday off, but also covers Saturday shift 9am until 5pm. Agents will only work 1 late in every 3-4 weeks, but this may change dependent on resource.
LOCATION: Chorley, Lancashire, North West England
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst that has solid technical, troubleshooting and customer service skills is required for a busy technical Help Desk.
Working as the 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst you will be tasked with supporting Users with technical incidents and requests, which will involve troubleshooting, resolving or escalating to more senior team members.
As the 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst you will have a good technical background with experience working within a busy Help Desk environment. You will also be obsessive about understanding and meeting Customer / User needs in a timely manner.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the 1st & 2nd Line Support Engineer / IT Service Desk Analyst:
- Capture and record tickets in the Help Desk System that will allow accurate fix or fulfilment
- Set expectations of Customers / Users as to what will happen next
- Own tickets through to completion even when they have been passed to others or a 3rd party
- Accurately fix or fulfil First and Second Line Tickets
- Provide timely updates on ticket progress to Customers / Users
- Continually update the IT Help Desk knowledge base so that there is no continual re-discovery of how to fix or fulfil commonly occurring tickets
- Continually work with owners of 3rd Line Helpdesk queues to ensure the maximum number of Tickets are fixed and fulfilled in the First and Second Line.
- Identification of problem trends
- Be part of a team that continually strives for excellence
- Provision of shift based Help Desk often working isolated from other IT Teams
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical parties
- Analytical problem solving
- Demonstrable working knowledge of IT Systems and Technology
- Understanding of ITIL an advantage
- An ability to translate complexity into simplicity
- Ability to work autonomously
- Tenacity and Resilience in problem solving
- An ability to accurately capture and succinctly document both Incidents and Requests
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, able to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- An outgoing personality, conscientious with an eye for detail and an eagerness to learn
- A willingness to be flexible dependent upon the demands of the business dynamics
- An ability to work under pressure
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4154
Full-Time, Permanent Technical Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Chorley, Lancashire, North West England. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk